Tuesday 13 October 2009

Environment / Typography / Environment

The three areas I chose to focus my research and base my typefaces on for this brief are:
- BMX
- Man made patterns
- Naturally occurring forms

I decided to draw out some spider diagrams looking at the things I am interested in in these areas.



The areas I am most interested in researching are:

Tyre tread
Windows OR Slates
TV Ariels
Urban Decay
Lights? (City lights at night)
Water - Ripples, Splash, Droplets, Dappling
Leaves
Tree bark, rings

My research will mostly take the form of photography.

Having considered the visual possibilities for all my research areas, I think the things I am most excited about are the naturally occurring forms. I don't know how much I can draw from BMX in this context, so I am considering dropping this as an area of research and focusing on man made patterns and naturally occurring forms. I think typefaces based on these will work together as a set more effectively as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment