Thursday 12 November 2009

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I have decided to take in the Penguin Book design awards. I am going to enter the children's book category which is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I started to consider what visuals I had to work with and what would be appropriate images to use on the front cover.














I decided I wanted to base my design around the iconic bottle that has a label that says 'drink me' on. It is at the start of the book and kind takes Alice into Wonderland so I thought it would be appropriate to have on the cover, also I think that it something that most people remember about the book.



















First I created a a bottle shape
















I added a label












I also experimented with some text in a slightly off kilter, hand drawn style
















I experimented combining the two. I am going to continue to develop these concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment