Thursday 3 December 2009





























I was interested in what kind of typography I could make using paper and I stsrted to develop some type by folding strips of paper as you can see in the images above. I didn't really wanted to use paper engineering as part of my final calendar design as I felt that it would be too time consuming.

I started to fairly quickly develope a typeface based on the folded paper idea.















Becasue it has a consistant structure and I set some strict rules it was fairly quick to develop.

















I new I was designing a calendar so the next thing I did was to set all the months of the year in the typeface to see how they read.





















I experimented developing the typeface further, while I like the results, I think it is overcomplicating things. I think I might use the simpler version of the typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment